Wednesday 8 July 2020

PAD FM Reporter/Canteen Assemblyman gives vivid account of how he was threatened & subsequently assaulted by NPP Task Force

PAD FM Reporter/Canteen Assemblyman gives vivid account of how he was threatened & subsequently assaulted by NPP Task Force


DELIBERATE UNINTELLIGENT DISTORTED CONTRADICTIONS CHURNED OUT BY ONE DEPUTY ORGANIZER OF THE NPP, ATABIA RAHIM ANOMA IN THE MATTER OF ASSAULT ON PAD FM REPORTER/ASSEMBLYMAN FOR CANTEEN

My attention has been drawn to an appalling interview granted by one Atabia Anoma Rahim,an appointed Deputy Organiser of the NPP in Damongo constituency on NKILGI FM in Bole.

I noticed the nomenclature called Atabia struggled with the Microphone trying to import non existing issues into the matter to court the sympathy of his parliamentary candidate and party members. (I am happy he voluntarily dragged the name of the Deputy Chief of Staff, Lawyer Abu Jinapor into the report).#None of my business though.

Not only was the inaudible apology of a Deputy Organiser confused throughout the interview,but he doubled in a lot of deliberate contradictions,factual inaccuracies and distortion of facts to save his shameful face.I doubt whether he has any shame left in him though.
I feel politically sorry for whoever Sanctioned the activities of this youngman and his gang men who have become so arrogant with power to the dismay of the general public.

The said Atabia mentioned about his integrity in the said interview; but I'm sorry to point to him that he has since lost his integrity and can only be struggling to redeem his sold conscience.If he doubt, he can conduct an independent opinion poll about himself and report back.

He also challenged the people of Canteen in the said audio interview to arrest him if they think they have rooms,indicating that he is above the law,everybody in Damongo and even the creator(Almighty God);because he has the support of powerful forces in government.

For the seek of emphasis,not even a single word that emanated from the said indefenseless down-and-out interview by the said youngman is true.Atabia should be bold enough to make audio evidence of his allegations available to the public or his party for assessment and see whether he would not be embarrassed and stripped naked before the intelligent public.

I wish to start by appreciating the youth,elders,women,children of the Canteen Electoral Area and indeed the entire Damongo and beyond for the enormous show of solidarity, love and support.Infact, I feel accepted and relevant and would forever contribute my best quota to the development of the community no matter the intimidation.I was inundated with your many calls and messages of solidarity.

To my radio station Manager, Mr.Zaabelle Mathew and the entire management and staff of PAD FM for standing by me in this trying times.We remain bonded together.There is light and smile at the end of the tunnel as all evil doers will pay dearly for their sins. Our God indeed is not dead, but alive.

NB. Most of the statements by the appointed Deputy Organizer in the said interview are disjointed and fragmented,so its pretty difficult to adduce any meaning from what he was trying to say.For instance, you cannot say Abu Jinapor who was not even in town was alleged to have shot a gun at the grounds.

Once the matter is under investigation and he has now revealed that he and his colleagues attacked me based on a report I gave at the Kurabaso J.H.S.,I wish to give a vivid account of what transpired for the benefit of the discerning public.
To further note,the said Atabia who never monitored the report himself was misled with the distorted facts by one Rahim,a Zambarima boy who was stationed at number one.

(Atabia can as well make sometime and read so that he doesn't get consumed with emotional hearsay).On a normal day, I wouldn't have glorified the said Atabia with any response,since he does not merit one from me.But for the seek of the public,I wish to break my silence on this matter.

To set the records straight:

On Thursday,2nd July,2020,as I was in school,I received a call from the Kurabaso polling station that there was an incident which may likely spark chaos out of disagreements and that I needed to come and witness and thereafter, file a report.
What was the incident? Some protested UDS students were brought to the registration center to register under the guise that they were from the Canteen Electoral Area.

As the Assemblyman for the area,I was asked upon arrival to identify the said people,since I was told they said they were from Canteen.
Tried as I did,I couldn't just identify any single soul among them bearing any semblance or having any link to the community-Canteen.So outrightly,I disclosed that none of those people was from the Canteen Electoral Area.Maybe I committed a crime by spelling out this naked truth.

Upon interaction with two of the students,they agreed that they were students from UDS who are permanent residents of Tamale,Nyoni to be precise.
They were subsequently turned away by the security with the reason that there was not supposed to be public gathering at the registration center.At this time,the NDC and the NPP agents were engaged in a heated debate over the matter of their residency and right to register.

As the students were returning,a group of young men dressed in black apparels led by the said Anoma Atabia Rahim alighted from three separate cars and instructed the students to return to the polling center and register.
They were full of fury and insisted that no one can turn away the students from registering.This resulted in serious confrontations and physical attacks between the few NDC members present and the NPP taskforce leading to the said Atabia using a stool to hit the head of Amadu Waliw,the Deputy Elections Director of the NDC to a serious injury.This happened before my very eyes and I saw the deliberate use of the stool to hit the youngman by Atabia who started the fight.

Whilst this was happening,I sought for refuge from a small distance and carried a comprehensive report on the unfortunate disturbances on PAD FM.What I saw, I reported without any excesses.

Some 30 minutes after the report I made,I got a call from the Deputy Organiser of the NPP,a senior Canteen Yaaro,Mr.Abu Jaja seidu,who indicated that someone called him and said I reported the NPP shot guns at the scene.I made him understand that was never the report I gave and that I wish he had personally monitored the program.

For the respect I have for him, I indicated I was going back on air the very minute to give clarity to my report.Upon explaining myself, the Organiser understood me and the matter died off.

"I clearly reported that there was warning shots suspected to be from the police by way of controlling the ramping youth, but to no avail and that one Atabia Anoma used a stool to hit the head of Mr.Amadu Waliw who has since been hospitalised.

I implored the security agencies and the Municipal Security Council to step in and calm tempers before things get out of hand.I also implored them to investigate allegations of some party taskforce wielding weapons before Damongo is plunged into chaos.

Minutes after my followup report,I got a call from a strange number who identified himself as Anoma Atabia Rahim.All I could hear was,"when I catch you, I will deal mercilessly with you"...But since I was in a zoom meeting,I ended his call with the intention of calling back for clarity.

I nearly took his words lightly,until three people afterwards confirmed to me that the said Atabia made open statements at the registration grounds to the effect that I was his next target and that he was going to attack me.
He was also alleged to have said that I would see Damongo and may not be able to stay in it.

I immediately dashed and reported the matter to the Savannah Regional Police Command the same Thursday,who took my statement.Follow ups were made to the police station on Friday when I suspected the said Atabia and his gang were trying to ambush me, but I was told the investigator handling the case was not around.

On Monday July 6,at about 1:10pm,as I was returning from school,the said Atabia and seven other colleagues of his crossed me along the Canteen road few meters away from the Damongo Fire station.
He the Atabia asked three times whether I was the journalist who always give information to the public.I never authored a word,and before I could notice it all eight of them surrounded me and he the Atabia hit my head with a stone and the rest started hitting me with sticks and other hard materials.I became helpless until onlookers intervened and assisted me to escape for my life.

Immediately after that,I was assisted by one of the young men to the Regional Police Command where the report was lodged.I was given a medical form to attend the hospital and report back of which I've dully done.

The police today,Tuesday July 7, invited the young men, but they refused to turn up as at the close of day.

Patiently waiting for the next line of action by the police.We'll pursue this matter to its logical conclusion.Insha Allah.

This is a vivid account of the entire episode; nothing more, nothing less.

So read and judge for yourself,where a crime has been committed if not arrogance and abuse of power.

We've no physic to fight,but the law is our strength;Forces may try to come in but we shall triumph with God,humanity and the truth on our side.

Shalom!

ANANPANSAH B. ABRAHAM(AB)
(PAD FM REPORTER/ASSEMBLYMAN FOR CANTEEN ELECTORAL AREA)
0241129910/0200704844

No comments:

Post a Comment